Alternate Central Station

Hello, my account had to be switched to alternate monitoring station avantguard. My problem is during testing they do not respond over 2 way at all like monitoring America does ,so there is no way to know if it’s working properly, there is no way to test it without sending in an actual alarm. I sent in a medical alarm, should have done burglary because ,problem is they said they could not connect via 2 way? and since I have no location phone immediately went to dispatch,(did what they are supposed to do) thankfully though I was able to cancel in time before EMS personnel arrived.My concern is why couldn’t they connect?, could it be a hardware issue with station? Would you be able to check to make sure my account on your end is set up properly for 2 way? It was prior to the switch !! Prior station didn’t have any problems ,they always came in loud and clear even during test. I have told them to attempt to call me before dispatch on all future medical alarms to prevent any further false dispatches

Thank you

Yes, for 2-way testing purposes burgs are typically safest to test. Keep in mind Panic signals have different procedures.

I do see the trouble connecting in the history. I’m having the team look into the signaling for you. Can you try a few more tests at this time to verify? Both Burg and Medical. (looks like other signals were sent in test mode)

I’m not able to try at this moment , but I definitely will later, thank you for checking into this for me ???

Well unfortunately not all central stations are equally efficient in ADC 2 way voice service. Operators use the feature ,but have trouble at initial connection ,tones are heard in the beginning and then what the operator first says cuts out due to the tones perhaps they are switching modes , and all you hear is tones then name please and response time is well over 30 seconds, sometimes over a minute. This could be lack of training on feature ,hardware (ip server, , etc ,not everyone is a proponent of 2 way. Some CS even say they feel it’s not secure,or knows how to use it, or lacks the proper equipment to handle it. I would like to compliment that Monitoring America ,Suretdiy,s primary station is greAt at this feature and they have always responded within 30 seconds sometimes within 15 they are extremely fast and come in loud and clear.They also will respond over 2 way during test (orphaned 2 way calls), while might be annoying to operator and customer, This insures that it is working properly. Their operators are trained well in this feature. IMO Suretydiy might want to reconsider the alternate station for Monitoring, especially with 2 way service , I read that there have been a few complaints about this company’s response time not being adequate enough .