Alarm Monitor

How long after alarm sounds should the monitoring station call you? is 4 minutes to long?

Happy to help! This would depend on some context.

It doesn’t look like this is related to a Surety account, I don’t see any related active subscription, is that correct?

In general it will depend on the services you have in use and whether you are the first or later contact in the list.

Assuming you mean you should be called first, and assuming you do not use Two Way Voice, Video Verification, extensive dialer delay, or some other feature which would delay calls: four minutes is a long time to the first call. If this is routine I would consider contacting your provider for help.

Industry standard expectation is under 60 seconds. We expect around 20 seconds depending on features.

Thank you

WE are not a suretyhome but looking to change maybe. hooking up my sons alarm system and found you but our alarm went off 3 times last few days and first person on list was 2-4 minutes @ 5am

our alarm went off 3 times last few days and first person on list was 2-4 minutes

There is always the chance a Monitoring Station experiences a problem that slows response to 2-4 minutes, but that is a very rare special case where something has malfunctioned. If 4 minutes is the normal response to reach the first contact of any kind, to be honest that is very slow.