Alarm.com thermostat - Losing Hope! Giving Up!

I got two Alarm.com thermostats. My system, Simon Xti, recognizes them with no problem in Z-wave. Both thermostats work very well on batteries.

However, the batteries are dying a lot faster than I expected. So, I decided to get a C-wire installation.

I have a C-wire coming from the control board on the furnace (common and 24v). HVAC guy installed this.

So, we followed the directions on the Alarm.com manual. Manual was a bit vague with no schematics.

Set up One: I hook up Common Wire to C on Thermostat and 24v to Rc on the Thermostat. Took out the batteries to see if it would power up. Perfect. Thermostat powers up. Problem. When we run this set up the jumper is in place and the boiler runs constantly. This is definitely not correct.

Set Up Two: I hook up Common Wire to C on Thermostat and 24v to Rc on the Thermostat without the jumper from Rh to Rc - NADA. No power to the thermostats.

I don’t have central AC. Just a furnace: white wire for heat and red wire for 24v. Oh, and the additional two wires my HVAC guy hooked up to power the Alarm.com thermostats.

I’m convinced there is a small step I’m missing or a wiring pattern I’m missing. I even tried to run an external transformer for the missing C-wire. NADA.

I’m hoping that someone here can give me some more insight.

I’m having dreams about this stuff…Jeesh.

My “mind is playin tricks on me”!

Set up One: I hook up Common Wire to C on Thermostat and 24v to Rc on the Thermostat. Took out the batteries to see if it would power up. Perfect. Thermostat powers up. Problem. When we run this set up the jumper is in place and the boiler runs constantly. This is definitely not correct.

Installation of a C wire would have no effect on when the furnace runs, or how long, except in the case of improper wiring/setup.

If you only have a furnace and no AC, your 24VAC wire should connect to Rh, the Common wire to complete the power circuit connects to C, and the White wire on W. The jumper is irrelevant and should be left in place unless you also have a separate Rc coming from your HVAC system.

When you then connect your thermostat to the panel Z-wave network and Alarm.com finds a new ADC-T2000, ADC will prompt you to enter your device wiring and help complete the setup for you. This includes selecting the proper operation type (heat pump vs furnace, etc.) This may be the step being missed if the devices are already learned in. They may have some incorrect settings.

It would be best to remove the Thermostats from the panel and then re-add after adjusting the wiring. Login to the ADC user website and go through the Thermostat setup.

Jason,

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You helped me figure it out.

Suretydiy is the best in the biz…hands down!

Enjoy the holidays Jason.