Alarm.com Thermostat issues

Help! I installed the thermostat last night and it seemed to be working, only to wake up with high temp warnings and a frozen condenser. I followed the instructions, labeled all the wires from the old thermostat, hooked it up the same way and enrolled the device. Any ideas? The photo shows the old thermostat.

Happy to help out and get this resolved ASAP!

There is no photo attached to this post, but you referenced one. Could you attach the photo of the wiring in reply?

Do you have a heat pump? Or do you have a standard HVAC?

Just to be sure it sounds like you are saying the outside coil is freezing. Are you referring to the coil in the house? Or are you referring to the coil in the outside unit?

To clarify, what is the actual temp in the home? Is the thermostat misreporting or is it mishandling the HVAC?

I have an AC with a heat pump. The outsize coil froze. When I shut the unit off this morning, I could hear ice dropping from underneath the outside unit. I believe the thermostat is mishandling the HVAC. It was reading 82 deg this morning and was set on 74 deg.

I shut the unit down, let it defrost for over an hour, reinstalled the old thermostat and it now appears to be working. So I believe I either have an issue with the wiring or an issue with the settings. In the photo, you can see (sorta) the letters above each wire. These are the letters I used when I connected the them to the alarm.com panel. I also see letters underneath the wires, which I didn’t use. I’m wondering if the Orange wire that I assumed was “W” is really supposed to be connected to the O/B?

These are the letters I used when I connected the them to the alarm.com panel. I also see letters underneath the wires, which I didn’t use. I’m wondering if the Orange wire that I assumed was “W” is really supposed to be connected to the O/B?

Aha. Yes, that would definitely be the issue.

If you have a heat pump, you would need to install the wiring based on the lower row of labels. Is that an old Honeywell thermostat btw? (I am not a fan of older Honeywell thermostats for that very reason, they are poorly labeled and cause confusion for owners)

The best thing to do in this case is delete the thermostat from the system, re-wire, and re-learn. With an O/B wire (the changeover wire for heat pumps) ADC will automatically see it is a heat pump and correct the settings.

Great, thanks. It is an old Honeywell thermostat. I also see the white wire is labeled W2 on top and Aux on the bottom. Which label do I use/where does that go on the alarm.com thermostat?

Aux on the old thermostat would map to W on the T2000 as the first non heat-pump heat stage.