Alarm.com Apple watch app

Any idea if the Apple Watch app will be updated for Scenes or doorbell access at some point? Would be nice to have access to the live Skybell feed and maybe even recorded clips.

If no word on what’s to come, maybe y’all could forward that on as a customer request?

If no word on what’s to come, maybe y’all could forward that on as a customer request?

I’ve made a feature request to ADC. Live video can be viewed through the Apple Watch but I’m not sure that extends to the Doorbell cam yet.

As I understand there is not a high percentage of users with Apple Watch, so development may be a little slower than the regular app.

Thanks.

Only video I have in ADC is the Skybell and I don’t have a video tab show up on the app so I guess it registers differently in the system. I get the notification pop-up when the doorbell is pushed, but when I select answer on the watch, it wants me to switch over to my phone.

Scenes seems like it be easy enough port over without too much development.

I guess I’ll wait patiently.

Scenes *seems* like it be easy enough port over without too much development.

I would think so as well, so hopefully it would be included in a subsequent update. Like most features, the more it is requested the more likely and quickly it tends to get pushed out. Alarm.com does a fantastic job of taking user and dealer feedback.

I realize this is an old thread but I’d echo the ask for scenes on the Apple Watch. It would make it much more useful. Seems like it should be relatively simple update.

We will forward this on to ADC as another enhancement request! I think you are right and it would be a handy add. Current features of the Smart Watch app:

Arm or Disarm the system
Control locks
Control garage door
Control thermostats
Control lights
View live video from most Alarm.com cameras

Note: At this time, the Apple Watch app currently does not support Alarm.com Wi-Fi Doorbell Cameras, '22 series, '25 series, and '26 series Alarm.com cameras.

I’ve just recently gotten an apple watch series 3. I have the alarm.com app installed on my iphone - that works fine. I’ve also got it installed on my watch, but when I try to open the watch app, it thinks forever, then finally tells me that I need to log in via the phone app. I can’t go any further than that. Anyone else have this issue? How did you fix it?

I’ve already tried changing my password, uninstalling and reinstalling the watch app, uninstalling and reinstalling the phone app, logging out and logging back in on the phone.

What version of ios is the phone on and which phone? Is there an ios update for the Apple watch? You should be able to confirm via the apple watch app on the phone if there is an update. If there is, you will want to update the ios on the watch first. If not, you may need to un-pair and re-pair the watch from the phone via Bluetooth and try launching the app on the watch again. Any change?

You were absolutely right. I updated the software on the watch and it paired right away. Thank you!

No Problem! :slight_smile: