Help Forum

Alarm.com – 4K Cameras

Support Alarm.com – 4K Cameras

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ben
    Participant

Hey Tyler, Jason,

I currently have an older Samsung 1080p security camera system and I’ve been looking to move to Alarm.com cameras for simplicity sake since I use Alarm.com for everything else (plus I love the AppleTV app) and seeing how 4K cameras are becoming more prevalent and affordable I wondered if either one of you had any inside information on Alarm.com adding 4K camera hardware support to there ecosystem?

I would hate to buy a whole new system on 1080p and then they release newer 4K cameras say the end of the year. 🙂

Thanks!
    Ben

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

I don’t have any knowledge of 4K models being on the way, at least currently (probably inevitable). As opposed to hardware, a big focus is currently being placed on smarter software and video analytics features which we are excited to start offering in full soon!

Instead of telling your cameras to let you know when something crosses a boundary in the image and getting 25 recordings of cars driving by, just receive notification when vehicles enter your driveway. Or only record movement made by humans and animals, rather than leaves blowing. More intelligent analytics is a big focus and exciting new features are on the way!

Ben
    Participant

Thanks for the update on the 4K cameras Jason!

Also, thanks for the information on the software and video analytics features. I’ll keep an eye out for that when it becomes available. Would love to have smarter camera software so I’m not alway recording butterflies and spiders making spiderwebs.

Thanks,
    Ben

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“Surety is amazing!… The service, pricing and most importantly documentation/guides/videos have all been phenomenal… I would highly recommend Surety if you are comfortable doing it yourself; you’ll be happy you did!”

Isaiah W. , Facebook Review , 1/09/2019
Five out of five star rating.

“Could not recommend enough. The service is excellent and the price is unbeatable. We switched from another company where we felt like we were being taken advantage of; but not with Surety! This has been the best move for home security.”

Melissa C. , Citrus Heights, CA , Yelp , 4/26/2018
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.