ADC520-IR Setup Problem

I have a Vivint branded 520IR and am having a problem getting it to connect. I have 2 other 520IR’s working w/o issue, but when I try to add the new purchase it just blinks green and never goes steady. I’ve tried ethernet and WPS with no luck. I also tried resetting, different cables, power outlets, different ports on my switch and my last ditch effort was trying to get ADC to see it with the MAC address. All my efforts have failed - does anyone have another suggestion?

Thanks

Reset the cam using toothpick or pin, add it by manually adding the MAC. Check your network, and do NOT use special char in SSID passcode.

Check the firmware. If the V520IR is for the sky the firmware will need to be updated.

Sky firmware ends in “M2” e.g., 0100m2", ADC firmware ends in “0100e”, or as of a couple weeks ago “0101d”

So, once you get it up, check firmware via alarm.com, if it is not IP8136W-ALAM-0100e, or
IP8136W-ALAM-0101d put in a request to SuretyCAM to have ADC update it.

They way I got mine to connect was to manually enter the MAC, then once it was online, I had the firmware updated. The problem (besides adding it) was that it only recorded 4-7sec video clips for rule based recordings instead of the 15-40sec clips as set for in “saved video”.

See: http://suretydiy.com/forums/topic/moving-alarm-com-cameras-to-my-new-account/#post-2964

Well, somehow my post disappeared… so attempting to repost it again

Reset the cam using toothpick or pin (hold in for approx. 30-45 sec), add it by manually adding the MAC. Check your network, and do NOT use special char in SSID passcode.

Check the firmware. If the V520IR is for the sky the firmware will need to be updated.

Sky firmware ends in “M2” e.g., “0100m2” (which is just barely compatible with alarm.com) ADC firmware ends in “0100e”, or as of a couple weeks ago, “0101d”.

So, once you get it up, check firmware via alarm.com, if it is not IP8136W-ALAM-0100e, or
IP8136W-ALAM-0101d put in a request to SuretyCAM to have ADC update it.

They way I got mine to connect was to manually enter the MAC, then once it was online, I had the firmware updated. The problem (besides adding it) was that it only recorded 4-7sec video clips for rule based recordings instead of the 15-40sec clips as set for in “saved video”.

See: http://suretydiy.com/forums/topic/moving-alarm-com-cameras-to-my-new-account/#post-

Keep in mind also that the newer Sky cameras may no longer be ADC compatible. Vivotek is making the cams directly for Vivint now, (e.g., the new Vivotek V-DBC aka the Vivint doorbell cam)

The V521IR camera firmware and software is available from Vivotek, if this was installed on your cam, you will not be able to use it with alarm.com, but you can use it as a IP LAN cam.

Firmware/software: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2X5T2P-KI8mX0JkbF9oeDI5ZUk/view?usp=sharing

Also, if the camera is compatible but still associated with an active account, it will need to be removed from the original account first. Was this your camera from the prior system or provider or was it purchased used?

The Vivint sky panel doesn’t use alarm.com, so it wont be associated with an alarm.com account. All you have to do is reset it.

If on the other hand, it was previously associated with a Vivint GoControl ADC account, it would setup, as it would have ADC firmware,but you get an error that it was already associated with another account. If that happens, you are most likely SOL (especially if you bought it off ebay).

I have done it both ways. Taken a vivint V520IR from a Sky system, and taken a vivint V610PT from a ADC account (that had to be deleted off that other ADC account of a friend).

Both of those cams are now operating on my ADC account.

It was new out of box with 0100K8 firmware. I tried using the mac address, but it never is able to find it. I am assuming it is not being assigned and IP since it never goes steady green. Any other ideas?

Thanks

The light has to go green before you go to alarm.com, or try to add with MAC.

Blinking green is a local network issue. Assigned an IP. I took a V520IR with Sky panel firmware, and it connected solid green. I of course had problems installing it in Alarm.com (because of firmware), but I was successful with adding it manually with the MAC. I requested a firmware update, and it was good to go.

May be an issue with router/modem

Do you have filtering enabled? Have tried power cycling both the router and modem?

If you cannot get this cam connected to alarm.com, neither SuretyCAM, nor ADC can assist or help you with it.

My Vivint V520IR originally running Sky panel firmware 01002m (now on ADC 0100e/0101d)

Have you tried the full reset procedure suggested above? (Hold the reset button for 45 seconds while powered.)

A device sent as new may in fact have been tested. Should it have been set with a static IP outside of your router’s LAN address range, it may be unable to connect.

I tried the reset as well, but no luck. I have 2 other cameras setup without issue so I am fairly certain it is not a network issue. I am going to try one more thing and if that doesn’t work I will call it a camera issue.

Thanks for all the advice.