ADC T3000 Humidity Control

I just hooked up a ADC T3000. It’s awesome…I have a question about the Humidity control. I have attached 3 pics of the settings I have set in the user settings. From reading how it is supposed work, say if I set temp to 72 and humidity to 50 and a “Humidity Differential” to 3 degrees, the AC should either run until the humidity gets to 50% or the temp gets to 69 degrees? Do I understand this correctly. My Tstat is shutting off at 72 but the humidity is still at 52%. Is there another setting I need to adjust to get this to work correctly or I am misunderstanding how this feature works?

If you need any other info, just ask.

Thanks in advance.

Do I understand this correctly. My Tstat is shutting off at 72 but the humidity is still at 52%.

Before digging too deep, it looks like the system is currently reporting 49% humidity. Are you still seeing this as an issue?

Were you looking at the Alarm.com app for the humidity info before? The app may need to be refreshed to display the latest info from the panel.

Also if you just created the rule, note that it may take 5-10 minutes for the rule to fully take effect and see results. You may also need to wait for the compressor delay if the AC was just running and turned off. If you don’t see the rule taking effect after about 10 minutes, try deleting and recreating the rule.

Sorry for the delayed response. The humidity got to 49% early this morning on its own I think w/o the help of the AC system. Right now it is reporting 51% on the phone app and website, yet the temp is 72(also set to 72) and the HVAC turned off. I have also turned off the rule and then turned it back on.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Hmm. I am seeing a possible discrepancy on the ADC website version of the rule.

Can you login to the Alarm.com website and navigate to Automation > Rules > Smart Humidity Control? It looks like the percentage is not selected there. Can you configure the rule there and test?

I checked that box before. Not sure how it got unchecked. I will check it again and see if that works.

So no luck with the humidity control. I have triple checked all of the obvious settings that involve humidity and they all seem to be correct. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

It looks like the web percentage is set to 45%. Out of curiosity, has the humidity ever gone below that yet? (naturally, I mean. I am curious if the rule won’t kick in due to faulty logic until the humidity rises above the point you select. A guess, but I am checking with ADC on it)

I changed the humidity level to 45 thinking I would force the AC to run a little longer so I would know for sure if the temp of 69 was reached or humidity of 45 was reached. Neither seem to happen. The AC simply turns off at the set point temp of 72. Weird. I think I have all the settings right. Hopefully ADC has an explanation.

Thx for looking into it.

I’ve tested locally on a T3000, and with the same relevant settings I need to increase the set point to match the differential before cooling will turn off, which means it is working as expected here.

I think there may be an issue with saving the rule for your tstat. The best troubleshooting step would be to delete the thermostat from your panel, wait 5 minutes, and then re-learn it. Try re-enabling your rules and see if it responds accordingly.

When you say increase the set point do you mean if you have the thermostat set the 72 and the humidity to 50% w 3 degree differential, the thermostat will continue to run below 72 and at which time you increase the temp to force the Ac to shut off?

I will try the delete and reinstall and create rule again and check back in a couple hours.

Thx.

When you say increase the set point do you mean if you have the thermostat set the 72 and the humidity to 50% w 3 degree differential, the thermostat will continue to run below 72 and at which time you increase the temp to force the Ac to shut off?

Yes, I had to increase the set point an amount of degrees equal to the differential for cooling to turn off.

Clearing it from the panel and reinstalling it seem to do the trick. Thanks a lot for your help

That’s great news, thank you for confirming!