ADC-T2000 Compatibility List

Is there a model specific list for the ADT thermostats? My downstairs AC is dying an agonizing death (in the middle of a heat wave of course), and I’m considering a Trane XV18 as a replacement unit. The guy that came out to build an estimate expressed concern not knowing if the ADC thermostat would be compatible. In this case I think it was the variable speed pieces and communication between the condenser and something, wasn’t quite sure what he meant there, but looking at the Trane unit description made me wonder.

Does anyone know if the T2000 is compatible with the XV18 series?

The ADC T2000 can control many variable-speed HVAC systems which use standard 24 volt wiring (for example, with R, G, Y, W, C wiring)

However, some variable-speed HVAC systems use proprietary communication between the thermostat and the main HVAC system to enable variable- speed control. IF this is the case, the paired TSTAT may be needed for full access of features.

Unfortunately, there is not a list of HVAC systems that are compatible with the ADC-T2000 as there is just an enormous variety of HVAC models out there. Your HVAC installer should be able to determine compatibility however. (We have run into TRANE models in the past that use proprietary TSTATS)

There is a list of additional Alarm.com compatible thermostats however.