Help Forum

Activation and Learning in Sensors

Support Activation and Learning in Sensors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Kevin Ferencz
    Participant

Good Morning,

I am a new customer. My Qolsys IQ 2+ will arrive today. My family will be moving into our new house next week. My question is can I “activate” the panel and learn in my equipment today at my current house (not installing sensors and z wave devices, just learning them into panel) so that when we move next week, all my devices will already be learned in. I obviously don’t want the system to go “live” yet, just simply want to save the step of learning everything in at the new house.

Thanks in advance.

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

You certainly can! Be sure to test all sensors after they are installed, but you can learn them in prior to that.

The last step in getting started if you have 24/7 monitoring is to actually activate your monitoring. You can set up everything else, including your ADC account, and then activate monitoring later through your system manager.

Kevin Ferencz
    Participant

Thanks for the quick response…So once the panel gets here today, I just go to my Surety account and fill out that form that gets sent to you guys for activation? Once activated, I can then learn everything in and once at the new house, set everything up and activate the monitoring? Do I understand this correctly?

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Yep, all correct. Your system manager will walk through the process of getting your panel connected to ADC and get you logged in. You can then learn in sensors but hold off on activating monitoring until you are ready.

Z-wave devices like light switches, thermostats, door locks, etc., should typically be learned in on site though. There is limited benefit in learning them in prior and since it is a mesh network it can actually cause confusion and issues. You can pre-learn them, but I would recommend just learning in security sensors and waiting on the Z-wave.

Kevin Ferencz
    Participant

Understood. Thanks a lot for your help!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“I want to thank Surety for being so SIMPLE to setup… With Livewatch (Now Brinks) I had to call them for every single thing… then listen to sales pitch after sales pitch for new items. Surety, not a single call needed to be made… This is how a DIY service should be!!”

Devin S. , Surety Forum Review , 7/14/2019
Five out of five star rating.

“These people are unbelievably helpful and patient. I switched from another system and they really provided timely and helpful support. I had an existing system and they provided just what was needed.”

Steve K. , Facebook Review , 7/25/2017
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.