3-Way Switch Not Working

Had to replace a 3-way switch that controls the kitchen lights. I installed a same model and now the switch does not want to turn on/off the kitchen lights. Thank you

Happy to help!

To better assist, what is the make/model of the 3-Way switch? Is this a Z-Wave device? If so what is the Node ID or name of the switch?

When you say that the lights don’t turn on/off do you mean that the physical switch itself does not turn the lights on or off? This would likely be a wiring issue.

If this is a z-wave device, do you mean that remote commands do not control the lights?

Linear WT00Z-1 with Z-wave. I have no idea what the Node ID is or name of switch. On the panel the ID is 31 for the kitchen lights. I ordered the same model that I had to replace. I have two switches that control the lights in the kitchen. One switched stopped working. Replaced it using the same wiring.

A Linear WT00Z-1 does not physically control a load circuit, it is a wireless (powered, but not wired to the load) transmitter switch which wirelessly tells the main load bearing switch to change state when pressed.

In order to do that it must be learned into your Z-wave network and then associated with the main switch the same way the first WT00Z-1 was.

Did you install the WT00Z-1 the first time?

On firmware 1.14 and up (which you have) on the Go!Control you can Associate transmitter switches under Device Association.

On earlier versions you would need the Minimote.

Everything was already installed in the house. I have no idea what anything is or means.

When I search for fail nodes it always comes up with kitchen relay. Would the main switch still work (because it still does) if the 3-way does not? I replaced the 3-way and now wondering if the fault is the main switch.

Everything was already installed in the house. I have no idea what anything is or means.

Happy to help. As above, the device will need to be learned into the panel, then it must be associated with the switch.

To learn it in:

<li>On the panel go to Services - Z-wave - Wrench Icon - Add Device. </li>

<li>With the panel in learn mode tap the switch paddle twice for Standard Inclusion.</li>

<li>You should see an indication on your Controller that the “device was added” to the network and the LED on the switch will stop blinking.</li>

After, you would use Services – Z-wave – Wrench Icon – Installer Code – Device Associations to associate the new WA00Z-1 accessory switch to your node 31 Z-wave light switch.

When I search for fail nodes it always comes up with kitchen relay. Would the main switch still work (because it still does) if the 3-way does not?

The main load-bearing switch would always be able to control the light switch by pressing the switch physically.

If it works by remote command as well then you wouldn’t have any signaling issue.

I will have to try this when I get home. Hopefully it works. Thank you.

I tried it and can not add it for some reason. Don’t know if I have already added and just can’t find it anymore.

If you try to learn in a Z-wave device and it does not succeed it may be necessary to use the Remove Device function first.

Z-wave devices save the parent network link when paired with a controller, and unless manually cleared in this way it will be unavailable to add to another network. Even if new, devices are sometimes tested in the manufacture process.

On the panel go to Services – Z-wave – Wrench Icon – Remove Device.
With the panel in learn mode tap the switch paddle twice.
You should see an indication on your Controller that the “device was removed” from another network.

You can then proceed to add the device per the prior response above.