2gig/Alarm.com and Apple Home

I searched and saw some older posts from last year, but with the new ios 10 release and the Home app being added to the iPhone, I wanted to see if anyone knew of anything of 2gig and/or alarm.com to work with apple home. I have the GC2 and a video cam and the Alarm.com ADC-T2000 thermostat as well as your sensors.

I’m wondering if at minimum it will support the ADC-T2000 thermostat? But hope it will more and all of the stuff, I’d even upgrade to a GC3 from the GC2 to make it happen if that was required. Anyways, looking for insight.

If you open the Home app, and click Add Accessory, it searches for items. Could I possibly put my thermostat back in the mode where it is discoverable and the phone pick it up, but it still remain connected to the panel?

I wanted to see if anyone knew of anything of 2gig and/or alarm.com to work with apple home

No, Apple Homekit is a separate service, similar, but utilizing different equipment for the most part for automation. As home automation grows more and more popular it may be possible that Alarm.com and Homekit might integrate in some way, but Alarm.com and Homekit are separate automation platforms with different compatible equipment. (Alarm.com uses professional security and automation focused products, whereas Home uses primarily consumer products, and is not a security platform)

You can view the list of devices for Homekit on their website. It is primarily wifi and zigbee controllers/devices I believe.

Personally, the more back end integration with additional services (if done securely), I feel the better for everyone, but as of now, no.

If you open the Home app, and click Add Accessory, it searches for items. Could I possibly put my thermostat back in the mode where it is discoverable and the phone pick it up, but it still remain connected to the panel?

No, the automation devices do not work that way. Z-wave devices communicate with a Controller and the Controller integrates with Alarm.com service directly.

Specifically speaking on the T2000: it must be connected to an Alarm.com compatible alarm panel for access to ADC remote functions.

Ok great. Thank you for the reply. So maybe one day there will be something to put in the house to translate alarm.com/2gig signals to homekit, kind of how the resolution products GE to 2gig works?

Likely would be more of a back-end software integration, similar to Lutron and Nest, but that is speculation.

Just bumping this 10 months later. Now that we have WiFi and such, any idea of whether HomeKit/Siri integration could be in the works. It seems like a standard feature on new products these days. Even my smokes have HomeKit.

I’ve not heard anything specific on this, but Google Home integration was released so there is definitely momentum toward integrating with other solutions.

Crossing fingers, thanks!