2GIG takeover switch constantly shows loss of power

I have a 2gig take switch that I configured and is working fine with the 2gig panel except I get low battery warning for every sensors. I have it tied to an old admco security panel, I had replaced the battery about a year ago or so. I did a quick measurement and there is 12v (if I recall) but I did not measure how much current it was pushing out. I do not suspect it is the battery; I also am using the power from the panel. I recall reading that there is a specific method of configuring the 2gig take switch (kind of like upgrading the firmware on the panel) Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Also can I use the 2gig take switch with standalone power (standalone battery and a power transformer for the main power)

The order in which you power up the devices matters. I don’t think it should, but it does. Start with everything powered off completely and do it in this order.

1. Plug in the super switch battery.
  2. Plug in the super switch AC.
  3. Wait a minute.
  4. Plug in the control panel battery.
  5. Plug in the control panel AC.
  6. Give the super switch battery plenty of time to fully charge up.

I’m not sure what would happen if you power the super switch from the 14V transformer. I would think the super switch would operate correctly but since the 2 devices would power up at the same time it might end up showing low battery on the control panel because they weren’t powered up in the correct order.

The normal way to do this is to power the super switch from the 12V output on the Ademco panel.