2GIG SP2 Sent False Panic

False panic alarm on remote keypad. Please advise.

Happy to assist. To confirm, the panic was not set off manually. At the time of the event, was the SP2 powered via transformer?

This is not a known issue and unfortunately, historical data is limited. While records indicate that the panic was indeed generated by the 2GIG SP2, whether that was manually or otherwise is unknown. We are looking into this matter further and will report back here with additional information as it presents itself.

If you would like to place your central station account on test mode, you can do so via the System Manager tool through your Surety web login.

Hi there,

Yes - the SP2 remote panel was powered via the AC transformer. The panic alarm was definitely not set off manually, as it was bedside with both my wife and myself asleep.

I have placed the account into test mode until we hear back more.

Is there any way to gather data from the device to understand what happened? AT this point, we’re not trusting this system.

Hi Andrew, I’m sorry that happened. I would be frustrated too if it happened to me. Investigating this is going to require support from 2GIG so we’ll check with them on Monday and follow up with you.

Thank you for following up. The data we have access to confirms that the panic was sent and that it was generated by the SP2 secondary panel specifically and that no other equipment was involved.

However, the historical data does not differentiate between a manual trigger or if the panic was generated automatically by an error.

In this case, the SP2 would need to be sent to 2GIG engineers for further testing to determine the root cause for the error.

It appears that this unit was purchased through Surety, correct? This would still be under warranty and can be swapped out for a new SP2 secondary. You can find our Warranty policy here.

Yes, this was purchased through you. I am happy to send it back. Please let me know where to send it/what to do.

Please use the return form and instructions on the general policies page. Thanks!