2GIG PIR Motion Detector Alarm Triggered No Call

We just recently switched to central station monitoring a few days ago. This is the first time I noticed an alert from one of our motion detectors in the app, but no alarm was triggered even though it reported it to me on the panel and ADC app. I also didn’t receive a call from the central monitoring station. Is it possible there was not actually an alarm and it just reported that way?

Happy to help! It looks like monitoring was indeed added a few days ago. Note that when first setting up monitoring, your account will be in test mode for 7 days, to give you the ability to test and check signals with the central station (and avoid any false dispatch) when getting set up.

This should be included in your welcome or confirmation email with your account number and the monitoring station phone number info.

Test mode means that the central station will still receive signal from the panel, but operators will not act upon them.

You can take your account off test (and also place on test) at any time by logging into suretyhome.com and clicking System Manager. Navigate to the Test my System tab and select Clear Test.

Thanks for the quick response. I read the email again and see the info about test mode. I am glad it is that way while I figure out what is going on all of a sudden. We have had the system in self monitor for several years and this is the first time the motion detector has generated an alert. I will do some troubleshooting to see what is up. Any suggestions?

It looks like the PIR caused an alarm a few minutes after arming and leaving, is that correct?

There are a few common things to look for:

Do you have it on normal sensitivity or high sensitivity? There is a jumper on the circuit board that you use to control that setting.

At what height is it mounted?

Is it pointing toward any heating vents? Heat gives off infrared light and changes in heat from a heating vent can cause PIR motion detector false alarms.

Do you have any pets?

Is the motion detector angled down or level?