2GIG installation quesitons

1. Battery power level for main panel (GC3) does not increase above half when tested by unplugging from power outlet. It has been on and charging for almost 48 hours. Does it mean battery might be defective?

2. For 2GIG-DW20-345 sensor choosing Loop 2 does not work. The panel only receives communications via Loop 1. I have tested it on 2 separate new recessed 2GIG sensors.

3. I need some help programming the 2GIG-KEY2-345 keyfob. I learned it in and tested all 3 button with 2 second press - away, stay and disarm. How do I program auxiliary button to act as panic with siren? Also from the main panel I selected:

Emergency Key: Audible (is this for AWAY+DISARM button press for 5 sec)? What is Auxilliry option on this list?
Arm with no Entry Delay: Disabled - what is the purpose of this option?
Fob Output: Disabled what is this for?

1. For 2GIG-FF-345 I installed and tested as per manual and it went well. I did received 2 separate alarms to main panel after test - 1 for fire another for carbon monoxide.
    On alarm.com site - shows status for smoke/heat sensor: Ok (sensor not reset) and activity monitoring: N/A
    also for carbon monoxide it shows monitoring as N/A as well. Maybe due to install being too recent about 1.5 hours ago?
    For remote (keyfob 2gig-Key2) it shows state unknown. Is this normal
For 2GIG-DW20-345 sensor choosing Loop 2 does not work. The panel only receives communications via Loop 1. I have tested it on 2 separate new recessed 2GIG sensors.

Correct, 2GIG-DW20R sensors should be loop 1. For programming tutorials please see this thread.

I need some help programming the 2GIG-KEY2-345 keyfob. I learned it in and tested all 3 button with 2 second press – away, stay and disarm. How do I program auxiliary button to act as panic with siren?

The Keyfob 4th button does not work in that way. See the installation manual. From the manual regarding panic alarms:

“Away & Disarm buttons. If programmed, pressing BOTH the
Away and Disarm buttons at the same time for five (5)
seconds, will send one of four types of emergency signals: (1)
silent panic; (2) audible alarm; (3) silent panic; or (4) fire.”

The Star button is not used for activating panics. You must press and hold both Away and Disarm.

Emergency Key: Audible (is this for AWAY+DISARM button press for 5 sec)? What is Auxilliry option on this list?

Regardless of the type selected, pressing and holding Away and Disarm activates it. Auxiliary is an aux, non-burglary panic typically used to indicate a medical/personal emergency alert. The manual labels it incorrectly.

Arm with no Entry Delay: Disabled – what is the purpose of this option?

This would mean when arming from that Keyfob, there would be no Entry Delay on entry/exit zones. Entry Delay can be optionally removed each time you arm from the panel or Alarm.com. This effectively makes Entry/Exit points perimeter sensors for that arming period until disarmed.

Fob Output: Disabled what is this for?

This is what the star, auxiliary button is for. Optionally you can activate one of the Open Collector output terminals on the terminal block of the GC3. In most cases this should just be left disabled. The open collector is used as a wired relay. One option is covered in this video. The video shows the installation for the GC2, but they same options would be available on the GC3. In fact there are two open collector outputs on the GC3.

On alarm.com site – shows status for smoke/heat sensor: Ok (sensor not reset) and activity monitoring: N/A also for carbon monoxide it shows monitoring as N/A as well. Maybe due to install being too recent about 1.5 hours ago?

No, Smoke Detectors and CO detectors are not eligible for Activity Monitoring because they are always either at rest or in Alarm state regardless of panel arming state. In other words there is no reason to monitor “activity” because the only activity they can produce is an alarm signal or supervisory battery alerts, which are separate from activity monitoring. The difference between activity monitoring and security monitoring is described here.

For remote (keyfob 2gig-Key2) it shows state unknown. Is this normal

For a newly added device, yes. Perform some activity with the Keyfob and run a Cell Phone Test from your panel. The status should just revert to OK.

. Battery power level for main panel (GC3) does not increase above half when tested by unplugging from power outlet. It has been on and charging for almost 48 hours. Does it mean battery might be defective?

How are you testing the battery power level? If you are unplugging the panel and viewing the battery Icon in the upper right, it is not showing a level, just flashing an icon to indicate the panel is running on battery.

Thanks for answering everything in such detail! It all clear and makes sense.

Yes, when I unplugged the power supply, the battery shown as half full (like on cell phone). It is not shown as “charged” 100%, more like 50%.

I have a separate, more serious concern. I noticed on alarm.com site under my login this message: Dual-Path Communication Failure - Broadband. So went to check the status of wifi connection and it was ok. Then I noticed that system cellular module was shown as “not present”. I tried doing cell phone test several times and it would fail. I then unplugged power, disconnected battery and rebooted. After couple of attempts it started connection and so far stays connected. How do I tell if cell module is not communicating without logging to alarm.com?
Just 20 mins ago I saw another Dual-Path Communication Failure - Broadband message on my account, test wifi connection and it works okay. the message now has cleared off dashboard page for alarm.com

How do I tell if cell module is not communicating without logging to alarm.com?

Q30 and Q33 can be adjusted so the panel reports a trouble alert when cellular or broadband failure, respectively, occurs for that period of time.

Just 20 mins ago I saw another Dual-Path Communication Failure – Broadband message on my account, test wifi connection and it works okay. the message now has cleared off dashboard page for alarm.com

Pings are successful from Alarm.com so it looks like communication is good currently. A power reboot is what we would have first suggested and it sounds like you’ve already done that. If you made any physical wiring or module changes or installation while the panel was powered, that may explain the activity. Keep an eye on communication and let us know if you see further trouble.

Thabks. Could you also comment regarding the battery power? Do i need to worry about the battery not charging all the way?

Thabks. Could you also comment regarding the battery power? Do i need to worry about the battery not charging all the way?

See from previous post: “If you are unplugging the panel and viewing the battery Icon in the upper right, it is not showing a level, just flashing an icon to indicate the panel is running on battery.”

The icon is not indicating the battery level, only that the battery is in use.

Ok got it, thanks!

Hi,is there a way to program star button on 2gig-key2-345 keyfob to act as remote toggle switch for zwave device?

It requires a bit of a work-around, but yes, this video shows how to do just that.

The video is specific to the GC2, but the GC3 actually has two open collector outputs instead of one so you could technically do this twice on a GC3. On a GC3 the output programming Q’s are 44 and 45.

Okay, so on GC3 panel Hardwire Loop 1 and Open Collector 1 get jumped (6 & 11)?
Q44 will remain on default = Disabled, right?

Okay, so on GC3 panel Hardwire Loop 1 and Open Collector 1 get jumped (6 & 11)?

Correct.

Q44 will remain on default = Disabled, right?

Q44 should be (0) Disabled, yes, but that is not the default value on the GC3. By default it is on Follows Internal Sounder. That needs to be edited to make sure it is disabled.

Yes, you are correct Disabled was not a default in Q44, had to change it.

I was able to program the remote aux button to turn the lights on and off, although this was quite long workaround. Thanks!

Nice. Yes, you are just creating a hardwire sensor using the terminal block which is tripped by pressing the star key on the keyfob. This then triggers the light rule. Happy to help!