2Gig GC3 Panel Firmware Update

I had understood that updating the firmware on the 2Gig GC3 had to be done in a stepped fashion. I’m not positive that is still true. I am at version 3.1.2. I understand the current version is 3.2.3. Can I just install 3.2.3 or do I need to install 3.2.0 and then install 3.2.3? Or do I have it wrong entirely?

Thanks

You do not have to update incrementally from that firmware version. You can go directly to 3.2.3. Firmware with patch notes can be found here.

Do note there does appear to be a bug regarding motion detectors that has appeared on some panels regarding 3.2.0 and up. More information can be found in the patch notes.

Well, in typical fashion, the update to 3.2.3 failed repeatedly. Each time I got the same error. Error code 12: image failed to apply. Any ideas?

Patch instructions do not indicate a pre-requisite version, however I have only ever updated to 3.2.3 from 3.2 versions (I cannot revert a panel to test this, the GC3 will not accept flashing older firmware). Try updating to 3.2 first, then to 3.2.3. Any luck?

Great idea, but it didn’t work. I tried flashing the update for 3.1.3 (as the very next firmware version) just now and got the same result and same error code. Any other ideas.

Please power down the panel for 5 minutes, transformer and battery, then power it back up. Wait a couple minutes after boot-up, then try updating to 3.1.3. Any change?

I am going to reformat the usb stick and redownload the file and try again.

Out of curiosity, what is the storage size of that USB drive?

Success. I had to format a couple of times as it seemed to get corrupted again after the successful update. Probably an issue with the USB drive itself.

Thanks,

Jim

P.S.–I still did the updates sequentially.

8GB

The GC3 firmware page shows support for the eSeries sensors (encrypted) in the latest firmware. Is that true with the latest firmware the older panel now supports the encrypted sensors as well?

Thanks,
-D

The E-Series panel (GC2e or GC3e) would be required in order use the E-Series sensors

So the two share the same firmware then? Might want to make that clear in the firmware update thread. It certainly wasn’t clear to me.

Thanks.

Firmware release notes are just copied from the manufacturer typically, but I agree, I’ll have the thread updated to clarify that E-series encrypted sensors require an E-series 2GIG panel.