2GIG-DW30-345 compatibility

Is the 2GIG-DW30-345 outdoor wireless sensor compatible with the GC3 panel? Up to this point, I’m leaning towards no. GC3 running firmware 3.2.0. Has planned to use this to monitor gates leading into the rear yard, no response type because I don’t want them initiating an alarm, just want to monitor it (alert when gate is opened). Added sensor as type : 23 - no response, equipment type : contact, equipment code : other (since gc3 doesn’t have this particular sensor in their list), sensor loop : 1, transmission delay : disabled, sensor reports : enabled, sensor supervised : enabled, sensor child : voice. Upon saving settings, panel restarts. The first time I test the sensor, gc3 voice notifies sensor has been opened. After that, nothing. No acknowledgement it closes, opens or anything after that initial open. In fact, alarm.com still shows the sensor open and has since the initial sensor add and test. Thought it might be the equipment code, tried many different codes (2 gig thin window/door contact, recessed door contact, a few HW options), still same behavior. Will read initial opening if sensor, then basically loses monitoring. However, tamper still works regardless. That always reports. Tried different loops, tried changing sensor type to exit/entry, still same issue. Thought it might be the sensor, added a 2nd one, sane behavior with both sensors. Any ideas on this?

The DW30 should be programmed the same as the DW10, in that the wired input is loop 1, and magnetic reed switch is loop 2. You would need to use loop 2.

That said, we are in fact seeing strange results on 3.2 firmware which 2GIG reps have replicated. The DW30 appears to only activate on close, rather than open. This may be a bug in 3.2 firmware. We’re going to try testing on older firmware to verify.

Hello there,

Any news? I have 3 DW30, 2 work just fine, but the 3rd one behaves erratically, it will sometimes show the door open when it is in fact closed, and then show the door closed when I open it. I would say it works fine 4 times out of 5, and then give a completely erratic result, the work again, very strange. The other 2 are working just fine, by the way. I even tried to swap the magnets (and yes, the sensor is aligned with the magnet on the correct side). Using the GC3e panel.

Thanks,
David

How far is that one sensor from the panel? If two others are functioning normally it is more likely an intermittent issue with borderline signaling.

Is it attached to a metal door/gate?

Nope, it’s a sensor issue, same problem right next to the panel. Note that the tamper switch works flawlessly no matter where I put the sensor in my yard so it’s not a range issue.

Anyway, I got this sensor replaced, and again, same problem. Looking at the serial numbers, the ones that have issues all start with 184604000000xxxx, while the ones that do work all start with 184704000000xxxx, I’ll let you draw your own conclusions, but to me it’s obvious they revised the switch, hence the new range of serial numbers.

Swapped the erratic switch with its Honeywell counterpart, the Honeywell works flawlessly.

Looking at the serial numbers, the ones that have issues all start with 184604000000xxxx, while the ones that do work all start with 184704000000xxxx, I’ll let you draw your own conclusions, but to me it’s obvious they revised the switch, hence the new range of serial numbers.

Yep, that would either mean a bad individual production run or it would indicate the actual point where a defect was fixed. The first four digits indicate the date code:

1846 = 46th week of 2018.
1847 = 47th week of 2018.

The DW30s that I have tested which I’ve seen inconsistency have a date code of 1823, so it is definitely possible that the issue was fixed in 1847 forward.