2GIG Cellular Module Radio Failure

System showing radio failure after being unplugged for 2 days. Not sure what to do to get it to phone home.
I do not see radio signal on the menu and the Unit is also reporting modem failure.

Radio modem network failure typically indicates that the panel cannot or does not recognize the cellular module.

Based on history, did you have a power outage recently?

It looks like you have already power cycled the panel correct?

To troubleshoot further, you will want to power cycle again, except this time you will want to remove and re-seat the cellular module while the panel is completely powered down (transformer and battery must be unplugged)

When reattaching the module, check to ensure that the module is not loose and that the pins are connected properly and that both screws are in use on the module. You will also want to check to ensure that the antenna is seated correctly in the module as well. Upon doing so, and after at least two minutes of the panel being powered down, power the unit back up, battery first then transformer. Once powered up, any change? Can you see the radio signal option?

Did as instructed. Unit would then not boot correctly with radio modem installed. Removed radio modem and it boots normally. It looks like the modem is bad. The only one in the store for my unit is the Verizon one, I did not have a Verizon previously, will it replace the Novotel modem? It appears to have 2 antenna wires, are those included with the replacement if I order it?

Now I wake up this morning and even with the plug connected, it is screaming about battery low. I ordered a new 14v adapter wondering if this one is failing and causing all these problems, will try this first, then continue on the radio problems. Still need to know if the Verizon will replace the novatel modem if it comes to that.

Unit would then not boot correctly with radio modem installed.

When booting up after re-seating the module, what does the panel do? Does it not boot up at all? Does it still not recognize the module?

It looks like the modem is bad. The only one in the store for my unit is the Verizon one, I did not have a Verizon previously, will it replace the Novotel modem?

Novatel is not a carrier, records indicate the module you currently have is a 3G Verizon module. The Verizon 4G LTE module would replace your existing module. Should the 4G LTE Verizon Module be required it can be found here. The module includes two separate antenna for signalling. Note that your panel would need to be at Firmware version 1.19 or higher in order to be compatible with the module. This would require the use of the 2GIG USB Firmware Update Cable if your panel cannot signal.

Now I wake up this morning and even with the plug connected, it is screaming about battery low.

Which plug? The transformer? Is the internal battery plugged in? If the panel was unplugged for some time, it can take a few hours for the internal battery to recharge.

I have the new radio, but only have the 1.17 firmware, where can I get the 1.19 firmware at? The downloads only go to 1.17

Ok, found the 1.19 firmware, all flashed and back up. Radio signal 20/31 and green. Cellular test passes, however my phone and iPad app still showing radio failure and for some reason that isn’t updating now. Any ideas?

Cellular test passes, however my phone and iPad app still showing radio failure and for some reason that isn’t updating now. Any ideas?

If you have the new module installed and ready to go, we can swap the module number associated with your account so that it can communicate with Alarm.com. This would need to be done before successful communication with ADC can occur.

Thank you for confirming you have the new module ready to go. I’ve swapped the number for you in Alarm.com and you should now be able to run a cell phone test to complete the connection. Please allow 20 minutes after running the cell test for all initial connection commands to go through.