Help Forum

2GIG, Alarm.com, Smartthings, z wave

Support 2GIG, Alarm.com, Smartthings, z wave

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

The Zipato RGBW might pair with the Go!control, however, it is not listed as officially compatible. As for additional compatible colored bulbs, only the Zipato RGBW is confirmed as compatible through ADC at this time.

Ben
    Participant

Thanks Tyler. Followup questions:

The Zipato RGBW might pair with the Go!control, however, it is not listed as officially compatible.

Should I interpret this as “might work but not supported” as opposed to “probably won’t work even if it pairs”?

What is the officially compatible way to use this bulb with ADC?

Tyler
    Tyler
    Surety

Should I interpret this as “might work but not supported”

That is correct, while supported by ADC for functionality through the app/website, it is not officially supported by 2GIG (not officially tested). We have not tested this product either.

What is the officially compatible way to use this bulb with ADC?

The lights are compatible through the ADC mobile app and website with rules/scenes/schedules and real time multi-color light control (similar to changing the light on the SkyBell HD).

As for panels that officially support the bulb, that would be on the manufacturer of said panel. Neither 2GIG nor Qolsys suggest official compatibility.

Ben
    Participant

As for panels that officially support the bulb, that would be on the manufacturer of said panel. Neither 2GIG nor Qolsys suggest official compatibility.

This is what I’m confused about – is it the case that Alarm.com added official support but no panels have official support?

Warren
    Surety

This is what I’m confused about – is it the case that Alarm.com added official support but no panels have official support?

To clarify, compatibility may be a poor description. A better description would be they do not support full functionality. From what we are seeing the color lights will not have full control on the panel, but only in Alarm.com. All Alarm.com related features should work fine, there is just no local display for them as there is with officially compatible thermostats for example.

See quick-start guide attached

Ben
    Participant

Thanks Warren – that makes sense. I will try one and report back.

riveraj33
    Participant

So if I am on a Concord 4 which can only communicate via 3g will I still get that latency of around 20 sec for home automation stuff?

Jason
    Jason
    Surety

Latency over cell will be determined by signal quality at the panel radio as well as the method of sending the command. It will be variable. You might notice 5 seconds or less. It may be 20, 30 sometimes.

Latency should always be expected over cell for inbound commands.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log in or register here.

Value Proposition

Your home is your domain.
Connecting you with it is ours.

Learn about Surety whole home automation and security.

Just need cameras? Check out Surety 24/7 AI powered video.

Whether you’re a security system novice or a seasoned pro, everything we do is designed to make monitoring your Surety Home incredibly simple and enjoyable.

Guy Relaxing in Chair
New title
Five out of five star rating.

“Could not recommend enough. The service is excellent and the price is unbeatable. We switched from another company where we felt like we were being taken advantage of; but not with Surety! This has been the best move for home security.”

Melissa C. , Citrus Heights, CA , Yelp , 4/26/2018
Five out of five star rating.

“I want to thank Surety for being so SIMPLE to setup… With Livewatch (Now Brinks) I had to call them for every single thing… then listen to sales pitch after sales pitch for new items. Surety, not a single call needed to be made… This is how a DIY service should be!!”

Devin S. , Surety Forum Review , 7/14/2019
View more
Plans

We offer plans to fit everybody’s needs.

Shop Plans

No products in the cart.